To our valued patients:
We care deeply about your health and well-being. We have been closely following updates on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the American Dental Association® (ADA).
As a member of your local community, we care deeply about the health and the well-being of our patients, families and our team. The coronavirus (COVID-19) presents a unique set of challenges for dental care providers that must be addressed. We wanted to let you know that we will be taking additional safety precautions to help reduce risk of transmission and ensure that our patients, families and our team remain safe. We will not be closing our office unless ordered to do so by the federal, state or local government.
In addition to following the usual standard precautions, we are implementing some changes to ensure the safety of our patients as well as our team members. We apologize in advance for the temporary inconvenience that these changes may pose.
- Our practice is turning into a patient ONLY practice. Only patients and (if necessary, in the case of younger patients) one accompanying adult should enter the office. Siblings, grandparents, friends, etc., should remain outside in their vehicles.
- If it makes you more comfortable to wait in your car, you have the option of calling us to alert us of your arrival and we may then advise you on the readiness of your operatory.
- All toys and magazines will be removed from the lounge.
- All high-touch surfaces in common areas will be disinfected routinely throughout the day.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- You will also be asked about any recent travels or that of any family members/co-inhabitants.
- We will take your temperature as well.
- Once you have been brought to your operatory, you will be given a pre-procedural rinse to be used prior beginning your treatment.
We ask that only well patients and necessary caregivers be present for appointed procedures. As such, we will reschedule any appointments as needed due to fever, coughing, sneezing or even because of the school closures.
Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Policy: Our policy and procedures have not changed due to the coronavirus. We have always used CDC and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) -mandated cleaning and disinfection protocols for all surfaces in our office and treatment rooms. We use a bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal and tuberculocidal disinfectant recommended for dental operatories, hospital surgical rooms, anesthesia machines and respiratory therapy equipment.
Universal Precaution Policy: Our policies and procedures regarding universal precautions have not changed. Universal precautions are an approach to infection control to treat all human blood and certain human bodily fluids as if they were known to be infectious for HIV, HBV and other bloodborne pathogens, (Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030(b). These precautions include:
- Hand hygiene
- Barrier protection with personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves and eye protection
- Ultrasonic cleaning and sterilization of all non-disposable instruments.
We want to thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office and we will be happy to discuss further.
Thank you again as we try to do our part to “flatten the curve.”
Dr. Tonique Reynolds-Morgan and the Family Smile Center team